Importance of Content Optimization
When executing a content strategy on social networks and on your website to promote the products and services offered by your company, you must take into account that in addition to having greater visibility and presence on the Internet, it is necessary to optimize the published content. to improve your web positioning.
For this, it is necessary to carry out an appropriate analysis of which key phrases are the ones that you are interested in using to attract more traffic to your website and they can find the content that you have designed. It is essential to keep the site constantly updated so that it does not lose relevance and is of greater interest.
What elements make up the content on your website?
Next we will present the elements that must be optimized on your website:
Titles and Keywords
- Titles must accurately describe the content on the web page.
- It is advisable to use eye-catching titles that generate expectation in users.
- Take into account not to abuse key phrases.
- Use synonyms and avoid repetitions.
To optimize content and achieve better positioning, it is necessary for the text to correctly explain the main idea and not seem forced.
The text must develop naturally so that it is reliable for the user and has greater credibility for the search engines. Therefore, it is necessary not to include too many key phrases.
It is essential that there is a relationship between the key phrase that we want to position and the main concept or idea of the content.
The texts must be original, plagiarized content is a reason for a penalty for Google or if some content appears repeated, the search engines will only show one and the other will disappear.
It is recommended that content developed on the Internet have a minimum of 200 words and a maximum of 500. This may vary depending on the relevance of the text to be developed, but in general terms a text published on a web page does not exceed 500 words.
SEO tools for content optimization
- Adwords Keywords Planner : This is a very useful tool since it is what Google offers us, it allows us to know the search volume, measure comparative data (competition), traffic estimates, multiply lists, segment and download a complete report to have a reference when planning a strategy.
- Buzzsumo : It is useful to carry out a search for relevant content on the Internet, through its system we can find “trending topics”. All you have to do is enter a topic related to the subject of interest, a key phrase or a web address, this will generate in the tool a top content from important authors and prominent sources, ordered according to the social networks in which it appears . Thanks to this we can have an idea of what kind of content to develop on our website.
- Screamingfrog : Thanks to its system, it is able to crawl websites and collect a large amount of data that can then be exported as a report. It is widely used to identify if an indexing problem has occurred, detect duplication of content, evaluate the correct function of the links, analyze response codes, measure the speed indexes of the website and provide information on titles or headers and meta descriptions.
Titles guarantee 80% success for a post and have an impact on its virality. Of course, the content matters, however, an attractive title can become the hook that attracts the largest number of users and readers.
The real secret is in getting the perfect combination between words and expressions.
Next we will create a list of phrases and combinations that are very useful:
- How to make/achieve/perform/improve…
- Differences and advantages between A and B (Comparisons)
- Generate controversy (Use percentages and figures that generate expectations)
- “Free” the magic word. Offer tips, advice and tools at no cost.
- Step guide (use numerical lists)
Viral Headline Design
- Try, correct and choose. Do an analysis of the most popular posts on your website, what types of phrases you used and what combinations could be broken down from there, being careful not to be abusive or repeat the same variants.
- Use the search engines, see what type of titles are used by the articles that the search engines show for certain topics and compare which ones are in a better position than others. Replicate the formula of your competition and improve it.
- Short titles but with spark. Titles that are too long tend to cause unpleasantness and scare away users, a perfect title is between 5 to 9 words, more than this is usually less attractive.