Fall is the perfect time to get out and attend some amazing dance competition events! Whether you’re looking for a fun night out with friends, or you’re trying to find a great way to raise money for charity, here are five of the best dance competition events to attend this fall!
What are the best dance events to attend this fall?
There are many amazing dance competitions happening this fall, so it’s hard to know which one to choose! Here are four of the best:
The ABT World Professional Ballroom Dancing Championships will be taking place in Los Angeles from October 6-9. This is an international event with over 500 dancers from around the world competing for a chance to win a championship title and thousands of dollars in prize money.
The American Ballet Theatre’s Fall Gala will be held at the Metropolitan Opera House on November 3. This is a performance event that features some of the company’s most renowned dancers performing several classical ballet pieces.
The International Dance Association (IDA) World Dance Festival will take place in New York City from October 20-25. This is an international event with over 100 nations represented, and includes performances by top professional companies as well as amateur groups from across the globe.
Finally, the Detroit Ballet’s Fall Classic will be taking place at The Masonic Temple in Detroit on October 27. This is an evening of ballet performances featuring many of the company’s favorite classics, as well as some new works created specially for this edition of the festival.
How can you get free tickets?
Looking to attend some of the best dance competition events this fall? Here are five great choices:
- The U.S. Open Dance Championships: This championship event takes place in September and features a variety of different dances from around the world. There is also a kids’ division for those interested in watching their children participate in some of the biggest dance competitions out there.
- ABT Theatre World Chicago: This event features top ballet and modern dance performances from around the world, as well as talks with artists about their work. There is also an exhibition hall where you can purchase tickets to see future performances by various companies.
- New York State Dance Championships: Taking place in October, this event offers something for everyone interested in dance – from beginner to seasoned pro! There are also numerous workshops and exhibits available during the convention which you can visit if you want to learn more about specific dances or techniques.
- San Francisco Ballet’s “The Nutcracker”: This production will have audiences hopping off their seats – no matter what age they are! It will be performed at the War Memorial Opera House in San Francisco on December 2nd and 3rd this year, so make plans now!
- Stars On Ice: This show is always a hit with audiences of all ages, featuring world-renowned ice skaters performing classic stories and new skating routines set to music. It will be held at Americas Col
10 Most Popular Dance Competition Events
- American Ballet Theatre’s New York Fall Gala
- International Dance Congress (IDC) America’s Ballroom Championships
- Lindy Hop Championships
- Soul of Memphis Jazz and Blues Festival
- Broadway Across America’s Stars of Tomorrow Showcase
- The Nutcracker – A Christmas Story at the MGM Grand Las Vegas
- Global Dance Festival (GDF) World Final in Doha, Qatar
- Donny Osmond tribute show ‘A Decade of Memories’ at Caesars Palace Las Vegas
- Pennsylvania Ballet’s Fall Gala 10 . Caribbean Carnival
How To Get Tickets
Looking for some great dance competitions to attend this fall? Here are four of the best!
The Boston Dance Festival is one of the largest and oldest dance festivals in the United States. The festival features a variety of events, including professional dance competitions and showcases by regional choreographers.
The Yale Dance Marathon is an annual event that takes place on Thanksgiving weekend. The marathon features over 100 dance performances by students and faculty from Yale University.
DanceSport America’s New York Open is an annual professional dance competition that takes place in New York City. The event features performances from top dancers from around the world.
The Charleston International Dance Festival is one of the most prestigious dance festivals in the United States. The festival features a variety of events, including professional dance competitions and showcases by regional choreographers.
And the winners are…
Looking to keep things interesting this fall? Check out some of the best dance competitions out there! From nationwide events to smaller local gatherings, these competitions offer something for everyone.
The American Dance Festival (ADF) is one of the largest dance festivals in the country and takes place every year in New York City. The event features performances from some of the best contemporary and classical dancers in the United States. It’s a great way to see some amazing dancing before deciding on your final pick for this season.
The International Dance festival (IDF) is another well-known event that takes place each year in Amsterdam. This competition offers a wide range of dances from ballroom to salsa, so there’s something for everyone to enjoy. Plus, Amsterdam is a beautiful city to visit during fall festivities!
Dance Umbrella is an online platform that connects dancers around the world with events and opportunities to perform. They have a search tool that makes it easy to find smaller events near you, as well as national and international championships.