QuickBooks Error OL-232 happens when you use online services to update bank accounts. Error Code OL-232 can also occur when an internet connection is down, bank information is out of date, and so on.
In this post, we’ll investigate the reasons of this problem and resolve them permanently in QuickBooks Desktop. We recommend that you first contact your bank/financial institution because there may be a continuing issue on their end as well.
Read more: QuickBooks Restore failed
QuickBooks Error Code OL-232 Causes
- Your bank’s temporary server issue
- An internet connection problem
- You’re running an old version of Windows or QuickBooks Desktop.
- There could be some issues with the corporate file.
Troubleshooting steps for banking error ol-232 in QuickBooks
1st Solution: Make a test file and download the bank feeds transactions.
If you are having trouble downloading the bank feeds transaction, you can try it with a test file. This will assist you in determining whether your file has a problem with the bank.
- Launch the “QuickBooks” application.
- Then, select “File” from the menu.
- Select the “New Company” option.
- Select either “Start Setup” or “Express Start.”
- After that, you can configure the “Bank Feeds” for the impacted accounts.
- You can try downloading the transactions in a new file after configuring the bank feeds. If you are still seeing the error, this indicates that the issue is with your bank. You can seek assistance from the bank’s support team, but you must supply them with a copy of the Bank Feeds logs.
2nd Solution: Make new accounts and merge them with existing ones.
Company files may also have difficulties that prevent QuickBooks from opening them. In this case, you can create a replica of your account and then combine it with the existing one. The following are the measures to take:
Deactivate the Online Services and Set Up an Account
- Navigate to the “Chart of Accounts” menu.
- Then, right-click on the affected account and select “Edit Account.”
- After that, select the name of your account and copy it.
- You can add an asterisk (*) to the end of your account name here.
- Navigate to the “Bank Feeds Settings” tab.
- Then, select “Deactivate All Online Services.”
- Click the “OK” button.
- Click the “Save and Close” button.
- You can now establish a new account using the “Chart of Accounts” option. When creating the account, make sure to include the account name you copied earlier.
Accounts should be merged.
- Select the “Chart of Accounts” option.
- Right-click on the account indicated by an asterisk.
- Now, select the “Edit Account” option.
- You can now delete the (*) symbol and click the “Save & Close” button.
- Then, click the “Yes” button to successfully merge your accounts.
After you’ve finished merging your accounts, configure the Bank Feeds and see if you can easily retrieve the transactions. If you are unable to change or merge the account, this indicates that your company file is corrupt. Make certain that the files are repaired.
Read more: QuickBooks Error 1712
3rd Solution: Refresh the Bank Connection
Turn off any dormant online banking accounts or bank accounts. After that, you can update your bank connection for the affected accounts. To begin, check to see if there is an inactive account with internet banking. You can accomplish this by doing the following:
- Select the “Company” menu.
- Then, select “Chart of Accounts” from the drop-down menu.
- Select the “Include Inactive” checkbox. You may check the deactivated account with the lightning bolt symbol here.
If you find the account, deactivate it. Alternatively, you can configure the Bank Feeds and try downloading the transactions. We have the following methods to disable the online service:
- Right-click on the dormant account.
- Then, select “Edit Account.”
- Navigate to the “Bank Feed Settings” tab.
- Select “Deactivate All Online Services” from the drop-down menu.
- Press the “OK” button.
- Then press the “Save & Close” button.
If you don’t see any errors after refreshing your bank connection, the problem is with your bank connection. You can contact the bank’s customer service team for assistance with this.
These instructions will assist you in resolving QuickBooks problem number OL-232. However, if you are still experiencing problems after following the procedures outlined above, you should contact QuickBooks Data Conversion Services, who will assist you in resolving the situation.
Read more: QuickBooks error 3371